Hello guys, on the second part of the spring break series today, I’d be talking about how to travel light. Yes, I know its literally impossible for girls because you really don’t know what you may need and you don’t want to regret not bringing something that would have been perfect for an occasion. Sometimes, it might just be that you do not want to spend money shopping while on holiday (having spent tons of money on flights and accommodation already). I’ve never been one to travel light but I’m not an extreme, with lack of a better word to use, ‘hoarder’. For me, its more about that extra 12 quid you have to pay for 20kg on airlines like Ryan Air and Easyjet lol I will never pay it! These airlines allow only one piece of hand luggage (meaning just you hand bag or a small box). So I’m going to let you in on a few tips on how to fit everything in that little box, I hope it helps and you enjoy it.
1. Plan each day. Write down all confirmed and possible activities so you know what to pack.
2. Avoid taking more than one pair of jeans, they really take up a lot of space. If you want to take two, go for white and black or white and blue etc.
3. Shoes! Take a pair of nude or black heels that will go with everything on a night out. For casual wear, flip-flops and a pair of comfortable shoes that go with everything because you probably will be walking a lot. Avoid taking a huge handbag, I’d opt for a trendy fanny pack instead and you can pack a cotton tote or buy one when you get to your destination.
4. Tops. Avoid overly voluminous tops and knits, they take up so much space. Stick to cami tops, tshirts and light knits.
5. Two bathing suits. One sports gear if you’re interested in going for a run or to the gym. I would recommend a sports bra and shorts/three-quarter pants. Plus if you are going to be working out, you’re probably better off taking trainers as your one pair of shoes unless of course you have some space after you’ve packed everything else.
6. Night out. Packing separate dresses for a night out will be a waste of space. Cami and crop tops can be paired nicely with highwaisted jeans and heels. You don’t know anyone here, you’re not trying to give them.
7. Moisturizers, lotions, sunscreen, shampoo etc. Try not to take your whole range of products. We all know its not that deep, stick to the basics.
8. Take a hair straightener but not a hair dryer. Every decent hotel, air bnb or whatever has a hair dryer.
9. If its still quite chilly, just take one coat/jacket and wear it to the airport and on the plane.
10. Please don’t take your whole makeup gear. Basics.