Hi lovelies! A terrific year it’s been for SBA and I have you all to thank for it. There were highs and lows but it’s all been worth it. I can’t wait to share the stuff I have planned for 2017 with you! I’ve compiled my top 10 favourite looks of the year which were not necessarily blog posts below. Let me know which was your favourite and please do participate in the giveaway below 😀
10. Tuxedo Blouse: This blouse was literally the only thing I bought when I went to Paris in March, it caught my eye instantly and I just couldn’t put it down despite the fact that I’d said I wasn’t shopping. I paired it with cropped tailored trousers and square-front, tortoise block-heeled pumps from M&S. Hair pulled back and a red lip, I felt all shades of Sade Adu in this look. I wore this outfit to church and then lunch with friends.
9. Floral Monochrome: I loved the combination of my AS Eyewear with this Frankie&Co dress! Again, I just felt like I was from another decade. I really do wish I were alive in the 50s and 60s (but as young as I am now, obvs).
8. Pastel Blue Obsession: I went crazy with the off shoulder trend last summer and even worse, pastel blue. My toe nails have been consistently pastel blue for over a year, I’ve only just painted them burgundy last week. Let’s just say when I like something, I stick to it.
7. Gingham Craze: Still on the pastel blue obsession, I loved everything about this exaggerated sleeve dress. Another case of me not wanting to be a 90s baby.
6. Perfect Guest in WanniFuga: This dress fit like a glove! I loved the neckline and colour tres much, the perfect wedding guest/holiday party look.
5. Wana Sambo Ensemble: This look was shot for Wana’s monthly blogger series and I felt so fabulous in this outfit. The shoot was fun and all shades of hilarious.
4. Deconstructed: Wearing a shirt in every possible way rather than the way it was designed to be worn became a thing in 2016. I wore this outfit to dinner with a friend and then clubbing afterwards. I like to think I stole the show everywhere I went that night, fully covered and still slaying.
3. Pink Lady: 2016, the year I finally accepted that I don’t hate hate pink.. That in fact I love pink! Well, blush. I’ve never been a matchy matchy person but hey! Love how cute and girly this look was.
2. Pleat Perfect: Pleated skirts became massive this year but I’ve never felt they suit my frame and hence, I had to be more creative about mine. This, in my opinion, is the most creative look I put together this year. It was a complete ‘jambalaya’ of statement pieces that I’m most proud of.
- Golden Girl: Ah! You guessed it.. The look that went viral. This wasn’t just my favourite post of the year but yours too! Thank you darlings
Just to say thank you in the least way possible, I’ll be giving away a gorgeous Daniel Wellington watch to one lucky reader (keep reading for info on how to participate). I’ll also be gifting my top 3 commenters on the blog a pair of AS Eyewear each. To participate in the giveaway, please follow the instructions below and good luck!
- Must be following @tostos_ and @as_eyewear on instagram
- Repost your favourite photo of me including my handle (@tostos_) and the hashtag ‘SBA2016Giveaway’ in the caption on instagram
- Remember to keep your profile unlocked if you are private so I can see your entry
- Winners will be announced Jan 5th 2017! Good luck!!