Hi lovelies, ever wanted to know how to get invited to press events and parties or what really happens at these events? Well I’ve decided to show you guys around the three fab events I went to last Thursday. I don’t usually blog about press events but I thought it might be interesting for some.
For retail press events, it usually involves viewing next season’s collections before they hit the high street. Stylists, Fashion Editors and Influencers are invited to help shout about the products and basically get it into as many appropriate publications as possible. It also serves as a way for the press team of to meet you first hand and get to know abit more about you. Other press events may range from relaxing spa days to christmas dinners. However, one thing you can be sure of is that there is always bubbly!
My outfit for the evening was a simple and versatile trouser suit. Initially, I’d wanted a pretty, floaty midi dress which could go from day to night but that wasn’t going to work with me hopping tubes and walking long distances in unpleasant weather. I got this pink double breasted suit in the Zara sale a couple of weeks ago and its honestly one of my favourite purchases yet! I’ve linked a few similar ones below.
Get My Look
Eau Thermale Avene
The first event I went to was the Eau Thermale Avene Suncare Skin Listening Cafe in Marylebone. It was literally so beautiful! Almost like I was in my own world of peonies, blush and roses and all the pretty things. I had an appointment with a dermatologist who gave some Sun-protect skincare to prevent ageing, cancer and the lot. I cannot wait to try them as soon as the sun makes an appearance again. The hors d’oeuvres were very yummy here! Especially the lemon meringue tarts, I must have had at least 4.
After Eau Thermale Avene, I headed off to the Monsoon Accessorize high summer press event at Mortimer House Kitchen. The presentation was on the penthouse level and looked absolutely stunning. It literally looked like summer in there and had me dreaming about my next getaway. The hors d’oeuvres here were super! Mini burgers, chicken gyozas, croquettes and so much more.
My final stop was the Self Portrait London store opening after party and it was lit! The music was great, the drinks were even better and the Photo Booth was the highlight of my evening. I even got a few shots with Mr Self Portrait himself.
How to Get Invited to Press Events
- Tag your favourite brands using both photo tags and hashtags in your fabulous Instagram photos wearing their products. They might not notice you immediately but remember, patience is a virtue.
- Contact press and marketing companies directly and introduce yourself. Ask to be added onto their books, also stating that you’d be more than happy to cover their events and share with your readers (because it must be beneficial to both parties). Also, don’t forget to state your numbers and attach a few of your strongest photos. People are very visual.
- Keep an eye out for events by your favourite brands which aren’t strictly by invitation. Get networking and chat to some of the organisers. You never know.
- Be on the lookout for and strategically attend paid events where you may have the opportunity to have a one-on-one chat with press or digital marketing representatives of popular retailers.
- Once you get invited to one event, you’re automatically in their books and will keep getting invited. The great thing is, people move around a lot in retail and even better, they have their own personal list of contacts. So where you might have been talking to Heather at x retailer, when she moves to y retailer, you’re more than likely going to be invited to their events too.
I hope you found this helpful